Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Monday 9 August 2010

The Kardashians - from the beginning

I'm not sure why I love watching the shallow shenanigans of the Kardashians, on their hit reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians. These girls have what is known as 'first world problems'. You know, issues with borrowing each other's clothes and giving them back soiled. Or wondering whether doing a Playboy shoot may be detrimental to your reputation if, say, all you're really famous for is being Paris Hilton's [former] BFF and having (helping to distribute?) a sex tape. But watch it I do, each week. The series is now five seasons in and still, I am glued. Okay, I don't dissect every word; I am guaranteed to be writing a story on my laptop, eating an apple, possibly even filing my nails, but this genetically blessed trio keep me somehow ensconced in their crazy, far-fetched world for the exact reason I really can't relate to them: their lives are so different from mine, and probably yours.

If I am honest, I simply like to watch so I can gawk at how impossibly beautiful Kim Kardashian is and what she wears; how arrogant Khloe Kardashian is and what she wears; and how aloof Kourtney Kardashian is... and what she wears.

I have no doubts the antics of the alliterated family will continue to get more appalling, as sure as I know I will continue to watch: 'mom-ager' Kris is the one who convinces Kim (as her business manager!) that doing the Playboy shoot is a good move, for example (it was). And with two more Kardashian sprogs - Kendall and Kylie - from Kris's second marriage to the much-lampooned Bruce Jenner itching to steal the limelight (one has already starting modelling and they have already morphed into stunning creatures; son Robert from Kris's first marriage appears, but is second fiddle to every one of these divas), I look forward to more madness from this mob when Keeping Up With The Kardashians returns on the E! channel for the fifth season on September 7 at 9.30pm.

If you've missed the hoopla or don't have Foxtel and have been wanting to see what the fuss is about, you're in luck: the Seven Network is screening the series from season one, from the very first episode. See it starting tomorrow and every Tuesday night at 10.30pm.

Here's the trailer for season one:

No comments:

Post a Comment