Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Sally Obermeder: 'Today Tonight' report - she wins her battle with cancer

THE best news of the week... no, make that: the year.

Sally Obermeder revealed this week that she has won her battle with cancer. She is featured in this week's New Idea, telling all about her joy. For more, go here: http://www.josiesjuice.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/sally-obermeder-i-beat-cancer.html

And tonight, Dr John D'Arcy's interview with Sally screened on 'Today Tonight' and the joy is palpable and fantastic. Watch:



In the clip, Sally says: "'Cancer free... all clear', that is what I heard, and that is the best news ever. I think in the beginning it was pretty dire and there was little hope."

"It's been nothing short of a miracle, I really feel like I've been so blessed and so lucky to have been given a second chance.
"It's amazing what the human body can do. It's amazing what the human spirit can do. It's amazing what can happen when people love you and support you and you can find the fight from within, how you can claw your way back.
"I've changed so much. I don't think I really knew what a life changing experience it would be. I thought 'well I'm sick, I'll do whatever I need to get better, and then I'll go back to being the same person'. I find that I'm just very in the moment. Like whatever it is I'm doing, it's the only thing I'm thinking about, and there's nowhere else I'd rather be.
"I feel almost lucky to have had this because I feel like I get the bigger picture now, and it's all about the people I love and my family and my friends, and the things that matter to me - that's what matters."
Do you have a breast cancer survival story to share? Would love to hear it!
Sally is writing about her experience in a book which is looking to be released on Mother's Day, May 2013 by Allen and Unwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment