Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Holly Madison Responds To Hugh Hefner: 'Down the Rabbit Hole' Book

Holly Madison has just responded to Hugh Hefner's statement about Holly's new book 'Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny'.



She says:

"It wasn't about having an ax to grind or wanting to get a reaction from him, or, you know, inviting him back into my life in any way. I don't really care about his response. I wanted to share my story to inspire other women who might be in a bad relationship to get out, or not be branded by bad decisions they've made, and take charge of their lives and move on. … I'm definitely not rewriting history. I'm finally telling the truth of my experience. For so many years I tried so hard to be a good girlfriend, and I cared about him and always had his back.
I think there's a whole generation of young women who wouldn't know what Playboy was if it wasn't for Girls Next Door. I'm definitely grateful for the good things, but I don't think I owe anyone anything. If you read the book and you see how we were treated over the years — I definitely gave him my best for seven years. And I think I was the best girlfriend anybody could have been. But there just reaches a breaking point."
Here is what Hugh said about Holly's version of events:
"Over the course of my life I’ve had more than my fair share of romantic relationships with wonderful women," the Playboy founder explains to Us. "Many moved on to live happy, healthy and productive lives, and I’m pleased to say remain dear friends today. Sadly, there are a few who have chosen to rewrite history in an attempt to stay in the spotlight. I guess, as the old saying goes: You can’t win 'em all!"
Read more here.
And here is what Holly said about Hugh and her time in Playboy:
She claims that she was offered quaaludes the first time she met Hef and referred to them as 'thigh openers', and how life inside the Playboy Mansion included A-list celebrity parties, and her own #1-rated television show for four years.
Holly also recounts in her book that it quickly devolved into "an oppressive routine of strict rules, manipulation, and battles with ambitious, backstabbing bunnies."

Life inside the notorious Mansion wasn’t a dream at all, apparently - and quickly became her 'nightmare'. After losing her identity, her sense of self-worth, and her hope for the future, Holly found herself sitting alone in a bathtub contemplating suicide. WOW.

Says Holly:

"I’m excited to finally share my story and what I’ve learned from my personal experiences both inside and outside of the Playboy Mansion. I think my stories will surprise people and I’m looking forward to lifting the veil of mystique and clearing up the misconceptions so often associated with my life."
Read more about this here.
Well, the book is proving to be PR book heaven, really. And it is not even released yet. Here is the book cover, below. It releases 1 July 2015 through Harper Collins.

No comments:

Post a Comment