Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Saturday 20 August 2016

BAZAAR Icons: 'In Bed with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West': Harper's Bazaar VIDEO + PHOTOS

Kim and Kanye are - whether you like it or not - pop culture royalty. First name basis and all, folks. In case you need it: Kardashian and West.

And now, Harper's Bazaar agree and have included them in their icons lineup. Here is the cover. The issue is onsale from August 16:



Here is an excerpt:

KIM, KANYE, KARL, AND CARINE
Paris—Karl Lagerfeld's studio, June 13, 2016.
PART ONE: KIM
STEPHEN GAN What is it like to be dubbed a fashion icon by Carine Roitfeld?
KIM KARDASHIAN WEST It's such an honor. I have always loved and respected Carine's style and her taste, so for her to choose Kanye and I is such a big deal. It was such a challenge at the beginning, no one would send clothes—they didn't even think that I would fit a sample size. They would see photos and just think that I was super curvy. Even now there are some designers that swear that I will never fit in a sample size. I'm a size two. I happen to be curvy, but for some reason I'm the master of squeezing into anything, and so it's fun to see when a designer finally sends something and they're like, "Wait, she really fit in that sample size." It's hard to find things that are unique and also fit my body type, and that are ahead of the curve and ahead of the game. I love always elevating and trying new things and I think that's where Kanye comes in, because I swear he sees everything a few steps ahead of anyone else. Kanye is a big part of my fashion story and my fashion transformation. He's my best stylist. Every look I love is definitely something that he's had a hand in helping to style or put together. My friends and my sisters will say, "I've never met anyone like you two who will just sit in a closet for hours and try on clothes and cut things up and redesign them." We just love it, and we spend a lot of time on it. We do put a lot of effort into the looks and trying to stay ahead of the game.
SG What do you think of Paris? How often do you come with Kanye?
KKW I wish we were here longer, we're only here for one day, but I'll definitely be back for the [fashion] shows this year. Paris is such a big part of my story with Kanye. When he had his second fashion show, I hadn't really left the house, I was just sitting at home hanging out a lot and he invited me to his show and my friends were like, "Why not? Just go!" That kind of sparked my relationship. We first really fell in love in Paris. And even though we got married in Italy, we spent our whole week here getting ready. All of our guests thought that we were getting married in Paris. We were going to, and then we switched the venue a month before, surprising everyone by telling them to come to Paris thinking that's where it would be. We did our bachelorette and bachelor dinners and parties and welcome party and then our rehearsal dinner at Versaille and then we told everyone, "Hey guys, we're not really getting married in Paris, everyone be outside by 11am and planes will take everyone to Italy." Paris was really part of our wedding, we have such an emotional connection here.
Read the rest of the article HERE.

See the video wrap here:



And now, the rest of the photos:









No comments:

Post a Comment