Leaderboard ad

Passionfruit ads

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Melissa Etheridge Slams Angelina Jolie, Supports Brad Pitt

A fortnight after the shocking divorce announcement from Angelina Jolie, that she was starting divorce proceedings from husband Brad Pitt, comes the news that Brad's longtime friend Melissa Etheridge has gone into bat for him in a major way.

“It breaks my heart that anyone would take something as personal as your marriage and your relationship and your rights to your children and do it as purposefully as I see it’s being done,” she said. Melissa, who in 2010 went through her own custody battle with ex Tammy Lynn Michaels, criticised Angelina and her legal team for their handling of things.

“There’s a way to be. I’ve gone through family courts,” Melissa said. “I’ve been twice around this block, and I know it really well, and I know when there’s some forethought to just how mean [you can be] and just how you’re going to put disinformation out there first.”

(Photo: Getty images):



Melissa was being interviewed by Andy Cohen for the 'Andy Cohen Live' Sirius XM radio show, and the longtime friend of Brad's (she sang at his wedding to his first wife Jennifer Aniston), and even addressed the allegations Brad got verbally abusive and physical with his son.

Melissa - who said she'd not had contact with Brad for “years,” called those claims “completely unfounded” and “heartbreaking.”

Melissa even said she'd love to reconnect with her old friend Brad.

“I really hope that he reaches back out because there are a lot of us who haven’t seen him in 10 years,” she said. “And it was hard then. We all lost a friend.”

Melissa also didn't hold back about what she claims was “nasty” behaviour from Angelina.

“I was around when Angelina was not doing nice things with Billy Bob to Laura Dern,” Melissa said, alluding to Jolie’s whirlwind romance then marriage to Billy Bob Thornton – who at the time was engaged to Etheridge’s friend Laura Dern.

“I went through that on a personal level, and then to know the side of Jennifer [Aniston] and Brad…” she said. “I helped Laura move out of her house with Billy Bob – I like broke into their home to get their stuff out because it was so nasty.”

Melissa has been forward on her thoughts on Jolie before.

In 2013, shortly after Angelina revealed she had undergone a preventive double mastectomy, Melissa said, “I have to say I feel a little differently. I have that gene mutation too, and it’s not something I would believe in for myself. I wouldn’t call it the brave choice. I actually think it’s the most fearful choice you can make when confronting anything with confronting anything with cancer.”

Melissa is a Josie's Juice fave - our editor Josie interviewed her several years ago for Cream magazine.

Them strong fighting words, Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment